Click the link above to download the page as a PDF to keep or print
Now that the festive season is here, we need to be a little more cautious!
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!
Follow our 12 steps to a safer Christmas
1) Turn your alarm system on! Even if you are only going to the local shop, at this time of year the "burglar" loves to raid your trees for free gifts
2) Do not leave presents on show in your car or vehicle! Smash and grabs are very common this time of year.
3) Secure your wallet or purse; the little elves love to pick your pockets without you knowing in the busy stores!
4) Watch out at cash points! Do not let anyone distract you. Complete your transaction before you turn around. Keep your card and pin safe.
5) Only carry the cash you need. And don’t flash it about; a good tip if you need to carry large amounts is to split it into different inside pockets, you could also split your cards.
6) Christmas lights. - Buy only approved items with the Ce mark or kite mark from professional vendors. If in doubt ask an electrician/ store from professional vendors. If in doubt ask an electrician/ store staff
7) Use Light timer switches to show someone is home whilst out visiting relatives/shopping / work
8) Turn off Christmas lights at night.
9) Do not overload plug sockets, invest in an approved extension lead, and only use what you need.
10) When cooking the Christmas dinner, don’t remove the battery from the smoke alarm!
11) At night remember to part set your alarm system, don’t worry Santa is the only one who can bypass it, so he wont
wake you up.
12) And the last but not least tip is.........
Have a wonderful Christmas and A Great New Year!